Lerotholi Polytechnic (LP)
|Head of institution:||Rector|
|Academic year:||starts in August & ends in June|
|Number of students enrolled:||2,274 |
Lerotholi Polytechnic was established in 1905 with the aid of Father Frothy who out of this ingenuity raised funds to translate the Paramount Chief Lerotholi’s idea of establishing a technical school. Over a number of years, 1927; 1960; 1970; 1980; 1991, to date, the institution went through some growth changes witnessed by wide range of programmes.
The government of Lesotho relinquished its responsibility over the institution and granted it autonomy through the LP Act, 1997. On offer at the polytechnic are a number of engineering management and craft programmes. Lerotholi Polytechnic comprises of the School of Engineering; School of Built Environment; School of Enterprise Management and School of Continuing Education.
Programmes Recognised by CHE
School of the Built Environment:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Architectural Technology
- Diploma in Construction Management