Lesotho Agricultural College (LAC)
|Head of institution:||Principal|
|Academic year:||Starts in August and ends in May|
|Number of students enrolled:||560 |
The LAC was established in 1954 as a Department of the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security. The Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security itself was established in 1935 with three divisions namely, Veterinary Services, Crops and Co-operatives Services and Soil Conservation. In 1954, the Maseru Agricultural School (MAS), now the Lesotho Agricultural College and Agricultural Research Division (ARD) were added to the departmental establishment as the new divisions of the Department of Agriculture.
The main objective of the College was to produce young Basotho men and women, well trained in various fields of agriculture at Certificate and Diploma levels to be field extension agents for the Ministry of Agriculture.
Programmes Recognised by CHE
- Diploma in Forestry and Resource Management
- Diploma in Home Economics
- Diploma in Home Economics Education
- Diploma in Agricultural Engineering, Land and Water Management